Archive for the ‘Racism’ Category
“The PA recognized Israel’s existence in 1993, and now Israel needs to recognize the Palestinian state in line with the 1967 borders.”
Mutual recognition and acceptance, represented in the simple handshake, is the first prerequisite for peace. Israel’s unilateral demand for Palestinian recognition as a legitimate Jewish state – “declare its recognition of Israel as a national home for the Jewish people” – is a demand for surrender and submission.
The New York Times lays out Michael B. Oren’s Israeli position. He is Israel’s ambassador to the United States.
By MICHAEL B. OREN Published: October 13, 2010
NEARLY 63 years after the United Nations recognized the right of the Jewish people to independence in their homeland — and more than 62 years since Israel’s creation — the Palestinians are still denying the Jewish nature of the state.
The reason, as history so clearly proves is that the Jewish people’s so-called “independence in their homeland” is illegitimate. The are simply thieves and plunderers and a mob’s acceptance justifies only anarchy, chaos and war. The proof is the Jew’s abject refusal to recognize the Palestinians as a legitimate people for 63 years. As long as the Arabs, in particular the Palestinian people, reject the legitimacy of a Jewish State regardless of what the United Nations or other exterior countries do, the Jews are without standing and will not hold that land.
What freedom of religion means to most Americans is the right to judge their neighbor. Did you ever think about what the Mormons or Jehovah’s Witnesses are really saying to you when they come, uninvited to your door offering to reeducate you about the Bible, Jesus Christ and Almighty God so you can worship God in truth like they do? What about the other Missionary Ministries that tell you to be accepted as a Christian you first must be saved of your sins. To do that you must to be redeemed by Jesus Christ. This Gospel of Jesus Christ has been spread to every nation on this Earth by these two religious peoples. They join an illustrious group of Evangelicals and other missionary minded religions that believe they are doing Christ’s work. Christian people have expanded great energies in their fervent beliefs that these words of Jesus are their mandate: “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.” -KJV
Why do they think you need their information? What do they expect you to do when you get it? What makes any of them think that what Jesus’ preached is the Gospel they preach? Why would one Christian religion enforce their freedom to try to convert another Christian religion? Is this presumed freedom not the root cause of intolerance in direct defiance of Jesus explicit teachings?
Unfortunately, the record for religious tolerance for all people to practice their religious beliefs throughout the history of America is exceedingly abysmal. The Christian Post September 13, 2010 article: Koran Burning: How Dare the Muslim World Lecture America on Religious Tolerance is a good example of the attitude that drives this intolerance. What motivates these people to foist their beliefs upon their fellow neighbors is exactly why they discriminate against all other non-Christian religions and religious peoples. As a “saved” people, recognized by the Hand of God through Jesus Christ these Christians take on the mantle of an exceptional people directly blessed and protected by God. Enclaves of Christians throughout the World take on the trappings of what America does to other religions and religious peoples. The common belief is that“Islamic Terrorists” are the spawn of an Islamic aberration therefore Islam and all that are Islamic are responsible for the war. For decades in Iraq, the Shiite religious majority people were able to live together with their ruling minority Sunni brothers. No thanks to America’s intervention to save all the people from despotic rule and enforced majority governance, as soon as the Shiites got control they cleansed the country of the Sunni. What you never hear much about is that they also cleared out almost all the Christians too.
These are the consequences of what happens where Christians are a minority. This is a real concern among Christian religions throughout the world when the Muslim (Islam) minority are attacked in America. The Wall Street Journal had an article back in January of this years: “Islamic Christianophobia” – The world ignores the persecution of Christians in the Muslim world. On Friday, September 10, 2010, The Independent had Patrick Cockburn: The fires of religious fury are easily lit but hard to put out – Christian communities in the Muslim world that date back 2,000 years are finally being extinguished. Then there is: NYC Mosque Rhetoric May Harm Persecuted Christians in The Christian Post September 2, 2010. They point out that there are millions of Christians in the Middle East and “hateful rhetoric being used by opponents of the proposed mosque near ground zero can result in violence against Christians living in Muslim-dominated countries.”
It would seem that this war on Islamic Terrorist has boxed these warmongering heretics into a corner. Perhaps Michael Moore has the solution: If the ‘Mosque’ Isn’t Built, This Is No Longer America – It’s time to move on beyond all the bigotry, lies and emotional claptrap of hurt feelings and sensitivity and deal with what’s really in jeopardy.
It appears Kevin Hoover came by and commented on his comment.
What does this mean?
Your deconstruction is truly majestic. It should go into a blog museum if they ever start one.
September 3, 2010 at 4:49 pm
I guess that is saying something. Too bad he didn’t take the time to explain himself. It might have helped with his credibility and legitimacy. Considering what’s revealed – probably wasn’t any better defense than offered.
The Joe Blow Report has a standing policy when confronted with personal, ad hominem vitriolic attacks leveled against the messenger or writer. If they cannot direct their comments to the issues spoken or written about in the published article, we boycott them. We refuse to recognize or personally address these accusers. The enclosed article, “What Does This Mean :: No Comment” is written and published to the general public. It is “about” a statement by Kevin Hoover of the Arcata Eye he left in the “Comment Section” of the post I published on Thursday, August 26, 2010, titled: “What Does This Mean”? At the end of every article is the provision for everyone to leave a comment if they want. Since this blog is by me, the writer Joe Blow, all comments, unless specifically addressed to another commenter, are automatically address to me. It’s what makes the blogging a personal experience. Like any conversation, when you enter someone’s blog and address a comment or observation (even an opinion) directly to the host and they don’t answer you back, you’ve got to recognize their public rudeness for what it is. Specially, if you’ve asked them a direct question. Kevin Hoover did not ask me a direct question.
This post article, “What Does This Mean :: No Comment” is the Report’s observations on some of the issues raised in that comment. It is written and published for the general public and in no way is even a tacit recognition of Kevin Hoover. If I had wanted to recognize him or what he said, I would have left a statement in the relevant comment section. I did not.
Also, for the purposes of clarification and intent, this Report’s observations regarding the citizen’s arrest and picture of “Big Al” Edmunson posted on the Arcata Eye website had absolutely nothing to do with or about any issues with Kevin Hoover. Neither did anyone take issue with his reporting of the incident. Why he felt justified in trying to argue the legitimacy of the police action and his reporting, is clearly defined or explained in his referenced comment to me. If this story was published in the Times-Standard (if it was, I missed it) I would never ever referenced either him or the Arcata Eye. Even so, the story was far more important than whatever recognition or publicity Kevin Hoover might get from me. His complete comment is posted below for reference.
What Does This Mean?
What does this mean? Joe: “Alfred is a sympathetic character in many ways.”
- What is a “sympathetic character”? Daffy Duck is a sympathetic character, too.
- What are his “many ways”? Is he a destitute, homeless beggar with a couple of sorry-looking dogs?
What does this mean? “He is also a large man with issues who is prone to outbursts of hostility.”
- “He is also a large man.” So what? Lots of people are “large.” That doesn’t automatically make them a threat.
- “He is also a … man with issues.” What’s being “large” got to do with “issues”? But then, who is it that says he actually has “issues”? Other people with issues? “Issues” like the fact that he was homeless, was panhandling and has a couple of dogs?
What does this mean? “… [P]rone to outbursts of hostility.”
- Does this mean if someone or a group of someones provokes, harasses, or disparages him, cusses him out, calls him dirty names or in anyway makes him or his dogs feel threatened, he’s prone to retaliate by “outbursts” of anger? Or does his “outbursts of hostility” amount to simply printing a sign that says, “F**K A.P.D.”
What does this mean? “You might want to talk to the wage earners at the Chevron mini-mart.”
- “Wage earners.” Who are they? God’s gift to the great? WAGE EARNERS as compared to who or what? A worthless begging bum? Or someone that’s just lost their job and is collecting Unemployment Insurance or is on County Aid or Welfare?
- “You might want to talk …” Wonder what makes him think I haven’t? Another blatant case of asserting a worthless opinion then using it to make phony conclusions.
What this last statement means to me: First, I think this is the most telling statement Mr. Hoover has ever posted on the Joe Blow Report. Second, this statement, in and of itself as well as in it’s context, identifies Kevin Hoover as a prejudiced, intolerant bigot.
If you have a problem understanding why Mr. Hoover proves himself to be a “prejudiced, intolerant bigot” you need to read and think about this: Modern-day Racism: A Mixture That Calls for Some Clarification. If you can connect the dots, you might even realize why all the violent deaths on the North Coast lately.
What does this mean? “These men and women were extremely uncomfortable in their work lives having to deal with Big Al and his dogs day in and day out, and their gas station pay isn’t high enough to compensate for a daily sense of conflict and danger.”
- “extremely uncomfortable in their work lives” – I spent a lot of years extremely uncomfortable in my “work life” dealing with intolerant employers and some co-workers that wee nothing more than thug bullies, So what? Grow up.
- If “Big Al” and his dogs were affecting these employees to the extent as accused, why didn’t the owner of the business deal with the problem? Perhaps, because it was these same employees that were causing the “sense of conflict and danger” by bothering or harassing “Big Al” and the owner had no standing. A serious issue of safety is easily seen and dealt with or handled accordingly. In other words the police would act on their own authority and simply remove the threat.
- “Daily “SENSE of” WHAT? What did the hardworking, underpaid people do? SMELL the “conflict” or some ignominious “danger”? REALLY! This is a joke.
What does this mean? “Whether their fears were real or illusory is something the know-it-all bloggers can pass judgment on endlessly.”
- Now these poor hardworking, underpaid people’s “sense of smell” defines their real or imaginary “fears”? How do we get from some abject “sense” that smells like “danger” or “conflict” to an absolute, “fear”? And that “sense” justifies arrest? Sounds more like paranoia than fear.
- “Know-it all bloggers.” Is Mr. Hoover talking about himself with his arrogant racist slurs?
What does this mean? “As it happens, Al inspired exactly the same reactions back at nearby businesses during his Northtown era.”
- “Inspired”? “Big Al” actually “inspired” these weak-kneed, underpaid people to “sense” or smell some sort of threat to themselves?
- How do you threaten someone and inspire them at the same time? What is “Big Al”? Some throwback to the Prophets of Old?
What does this mean? “My opinion is that the Nazi brand is bandied about much too frivolously these days. It ought to be reserved for actual Nazis, not deployed against everyday people trying to make a living. Being called a Hitler fan tends to anger some people. That shouldn’t be too hard to understand.”
- What “shouldn’t be too hard to understand”? That neither I nor the Joe Blow Report are the least bit interested in worthless opinions?
- The Arcata Eye web story begins: “VALLEY WEST – The battle of wits and wills between Valley West businesses and corner signholder Alfred Edmunson reached a turning point last week with the citizen’s arrest of Big Al.” That was my question, “Why would “Big Al” call these poor, hardworking, underpaid, with over-active proboscises “Nazis” unless that is exactly how they are treating him?
- Mr. Hoover says calling these provocateurs “Nazis” made these Haustellums “angry.” The truth generally has that affect on such people.
What does this mean? “As to your puzzlement over the law, hopefully this will help:”
- What “puzzlement”? I was simply wondering why Kym Kemp had anything to do with Kevin Hoover, is all. Besides, illegal laws were passed to intern Japanese American citizens, among others. So what? If that man has the legal right to stand where he was and do what he was doing, then he has the same right as everyone else to do it in peace and NOT be harassed by the “Valley West businesses.”
Finally, what does this mean? Law: “Any person who uses offensive words in a public place which are inherently likely to provoke an immediate violent reaction.”
- Who defines the “offensive words”? I asked my wife the other day, “What does sexual harassment mean”? She said, “Whenever I feel threatened.” I asked her if all the women she works with function under the same criteria and she said, “No.” The “feeling” threshold varies with each person. That leaves the implementation of the law strictly in the hands of women with an overactive proboscis. I’ve found in my lifetime that the simple presence of “real men” generally threatens most pseudo or spurious women.
- “Immediate violent reaction,” you mean like “get upset,” “get sick,” or “get angry”? Who knows? I could walk up to someone, say a new neighbor, stick out my hand and say, “Hi. I’m Joe Blow. Who are you”? And get a violent reaction.
What Does This Mean? – No comment.
An additional note, while researching this matter I came across the following website: “Say Goodbye To The Arcata Eye. If I was to boycott some business, I’d tell that business owner and explain why. These people might try getting out their message on Twitter.
Also a Facebook page of the same name plus, “(Boycott advertisers).” With almost 200 friends listed.
[UPDATE :: Monday, August 30, 2010]
This is what happens when there is no accountability or oversight. Where people are treated as sub-humans just because they “resisted.” The threshold for resistance that justifies this sort of brutality is obscene. The latest on The Reporta is about the, “Martin Cotton Incident Going to Trial” – What happens if there is an award for damages in the millions? Who pays those cost? The police officers responsible, the police department, or the court that whitewashed the whole obscenity trying to protect their own? The people that pay for these costs are ultimately the people that are responsible for a police department, District Attorney, city government and Court system of judges that enables and promotes such corruption. You want this kind of law enforcement? Then pay the price. You can be sure you shall. When you do you can thank apologists like Kevin Hoover.
Kevin Hoover’s complete comment: Read the rest of this entry »
Eric deserves just credit for posting a thoughtful and serious discussion about a subject that touches everyone, whether they like it or not. When it comes to that, he does a pretty good job.
Eric and his blog, in my book, are atypical of the many serious and concerned people in this community. Anyone that tries to stay abreast of what’s going on locally, nationally and internationally has good reason to be concerned if not really worried. Mostly, because there is so much cross-purpose misinformation and they don’t think, even if they had the truth, they’d know what to do about it. Voting doesn’t seem to work, because it really doesn’t matter who or what political party affiliation is voted into office they are all essentially the same. They seem to follow a hidden agenda no matter what the majority of the people want. Demonstrations, sit-ins, write-ins, petitions, or whatever other “action” you can dream up consistent with the so-called Gandhi philosophy of “non-violent” protests seems to work. The thing you hear all the time is, “If we can just get our message out. Once the people see what’s going on, they’ll make “them” change.”
I mentioned Eric’s Whoot! Whoot! post because when you consider the commentary, it is a really good example of the kind of thinking, or rather NON-THINKING, and arbitrary and mindless beliefs I run into all the time. Endless discussions about, mostly nonsensical, conjecture you’d swear came from God Almighty himself – or is it herself?
Never any workable solution – that’s the problem. There is a workable solution. It is a solution anyone can do. In fact, it is a solution that works best when everyone does. Here is an example of one that does work:
“In just a few years the Palestinian campaign to boycott Israeli goods has become truly global”
This is a very timely article about the BDS movement published in recently published in the Guardian:
The movement for boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel was launched in 2005, a year after the international court of justice had found Israel’s wall and colonies built on occupied Palestinian territory illegal. Over 170 Palestinian political parties, unions, mass movements and NGOs endorsed the movement, which is led by the BNC, a coalition of civil society organisations.
This is what I call the essence of Mahatma Gandhi’s teachings that are consistent with one another: Truth and Non-cooperation, NOT non-violence which conflicts with his understanding of Truth and love.
Chris Floyd’s latest, “The Lies That Bind: American Myth Obscures Murderous Enterprise is an eye-opening commentary on Arthur Silbur’s piece, “We Are Not Special, and There Is No Happy Ending: The Blood-Drenched Darkness of American Exceptionalism”
Floyd includes, “Leaving Iraq – The Ruin They’ll Leave Behind – By Patrick Cockburn”
What these three writer’s report is the experience this writer easily attests to and affirms. Offer any serious commentary on matters that directly affect everyone and all you get is deathly silence.
Here’s an interesting commentary on American Exceptionalism and Israel.
What I’ve learned the 6 decades is that if you want peace then you must first be peaceable. Living in a constant state of self-defense is the same as living in a constant state of war. Israel’s history from the beginning is war. War for the singular purpose of getting all nation states to agree with them, the Zionist Jew, that they have the legitimate right to exist. Whereas everyone that refuses to yield to them does not. If the Jews want recognition as a prerequisite, the they can recognize the Palestinians legitimate right to exist with the same rights and duties and Israel claims. Israel treats the Palestinian people, primarily, as illegitimate, sewer-scum dogs (bastards and bitches) then embargoes them like a legitimate state. The land the Jews occupy belongs to another people. It’s time those people laid claim to that land and enforce their rightful, legal ownership – start acting like the legitimate people they are.
It is also about time the Jews recognize this reality and do what they can to seek peace with these people and stop using the Hamas and Hezbollah as excuses to continue trying to justify their criminal existence. That is while they still can.
The latest from Israel is consistent with their war face. Here’s the latest from Haaretz:
“Lebanon aid ship Miriam to set sail to Gaza Sunday; Israel’s UN ambassador says ships linked to Hezbollah, Israel reserves the right to defend itself.”
Why is it that ONLY Israel has “the right to defend itself”? What makes them so special?
Just in from The Jerusalem Post:
By JPOST.COM STAFF
“Israel tells the UN Lebanese flotilla will not be allowed into Gaza.”
Just posted – Israel’s whores fall right in line:
By HERB KEINON
“Israel approves of UK’s move.” The article concludes:
“One Israeli Foreign Ministry official said that statements such as these were significant because they make it clear that the governments that issue the advisories view the attempt to break the blockade as negative, and hint that those who insist on taking part in the flotillas should not later come to their home governments looking for support.”
Here is where the Jews demeaning, judgmental attitude blinds them. People that participate in these flotillas are doing so exactly BECAUSE their governments DO NOT support them. Without a government to fight the Jews don’t know what to do. So they look for terrorists out of terrorist eyes.